Wednesday 1 January 2014

Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper January challenge


Welcome to
Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge

There are loads of challenge blogs around, but, as far as I know, there is a gap that needs to be filled:


A challenge that is always about using
Patterned Papers on cards

which is why I have started

Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge

I don't know about you, but I have enough patterned papers
to keep me going for a very long time

so let's make sure we use plenty of them

The monthly challenge will always be 'anything goes' as long as you cover your card blank with patterned paper or card, using any size or shape of card that you wish - there are no other rules! You can add embellishments if you wish, stamp, emboss etc - but you must cover your card blank with patterned paper or card. The card can be for any occasion.

You will be able to enter as many times as you wish during the month and link with as many other challenges as allow you to do so.

As I have an abundance of patterned paper - 12 x 12, 8 x 8, 6 x 6, A4 - I'm going to give a prize each month to the randomly chosen winner. I'm willing to post anywhere in the world, so that means that anyone can enter regardless of where you live.
January challenge

This is the prize for January, which will be given to one randomly chosen winner - these papers would be just right for spring or Easter creations or for sympathy cards etc.

































Here is my first card using similar papers from a different pack to the ones shown as the prize - you can read more about this here on my regular blog 'My Crafty Outlook':


This is another card that I've made with patterned paper covering the whole card blank - it's for Suzy Bee's Bloomin challenge 10 and you can read about it here on My Crafty Outlook:


Adding a simple card that I've made with paper similar to the ones in the prize package - you can read about it here on My Crafty Outlook:


Update: I'm absolutely amazed at the initial response to this new challenge blog - thank you, everyone, who has so far contributed entries and left comments. If you haven't yet become a follower, please do so.

This is another clean and simple card that I've made with a piece of similar paper to those in the pack that I'm giving away as a prize - you can read more about it on My Crafty Outlook here:


There are more similar cards on my regular crafting blog, My Crafty Outlook here.

If your cards happen to fit the theme for the week on my CHNC challenge blog, please feel free to add there as well and also for my CHNC challenge extra blog, which is always 'anything goes as long as it's Christmas.

Remember that for this Patterned Paper challenge cards can be for any occasion.

Please become a follower of this blog and also advertise it on your own blog so that others see it and join in - you may use the logo from the sidebar.

January's challenge will end at 20:00 UK time 31 January. The randomly chosen winner will be announced at 23:00 UK time on 31 January and a new challenge will start at midnight on 1 February.

Please include a link to this blogpost within the post for your creation. Please add your link to inlinkz. If by any chance it disappears, please leave a comment with the link to your blog post and I will make sure it is added.

Thank you for all the entries so far - please spread the word about this new challenge blog - thank you. And don't forget that you must cover your card blank with patterned paper or card.

36 comments:

  1. You're changes have worked - got on here with no further problems. Good luck!

    Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to entering as I quite agree-not any patterned paper challenges.
    Bishopsmate
    PS follow by email link not working
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Decided I'd be first lol. Gosh you're going to be a busy lady Hazel, good luck with the new challenge. Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic idea of a challenge blog. Gosh I have papers I bought when first started crafting 5 years ago and never used them...NOW I can in many different ways.xxx
    this is going to be a fab blog.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. great idea, have been trying to become a follower but it keeps saying try later, i have now tried 4 -5 times, i will keep popping back to see if i can get on to follow
    caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  6. its finally worked i'm now a follower x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea :) And I see that I'm not the only one who have papers - a long time - and never used them.

    Good luck with the challenge!

    Misseke

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have so many papers!! Look forward to joining you when I can (and the Christmas blogs...)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant Idea Hazel, I will have to come up with something for this. I do not know how you find the time with all your challenges. Lovely card and prize by the way. Hugs Emma

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Hazel, I have entered another card but if the pattern is not enough just delete.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea, got lots of papers. Is it cards only?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, Rocky, just cards - at least for the time being x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Hazel, I just discovered your challenge. How fitting - my New Year's Resolution is to use my patterned paper (I have way too much in my stash). I've been using it since January 1 but I didn't know about your challenge until now - how did I miss this??? So I'll be posting my new patterned-paper creations going forward. Thanks for the great inspiration - this will help me keep my resolution. Just today I was trying to avoid the patterned paper in favour of embossing my cardstock so it is definitely a challenge for me to use it.

    Take care,
    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great challenge blog! Think you'll be seeing a lot of me, I love my patterned papers! Thanks for the fun challenge & beautiful DT inspiration. Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hazel this is a FANTASTIC challenge idea :)
    love love love patterned paper!!!
    your cards are beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much for the new challenge, Hazel! Obviously there are a lot of us who agree that this is a great theme. Look at all of those great entries!!
    Wishing you a beautiful and crafty 2014.
    hugs--
    Roberta
    Queen Bee Paper Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just found your challenge Hazel, what a lovely theme...
    I love patterned paper
    Your cards are lovely:)
    Hugs,
    Marjorie xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous idea for a challenge Hazel. As you say there is no other that is specifically for patterned papers and I LOVE to use mine :)

    Love Mandy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fabulous idea for a challenge and I'm sure it will be very popular xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Finally got by with a card! This looks like a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Found that you had another wonderful challenge. Had been entering your other 2 challenges and now all caught up with this one.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dear Hazel, thanks for your lovely comment and the Information ....
    I´ll be the next follower here from now on *smile
    you can´t get me off *lol
    CU hellerlittle

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dropping by with a card...looks like this is very popular challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello. This is a great idea. I have several new patterned paper that I have not used yet..very nice inspiration too. Will be churning out some ideas today...thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a fabulous idea Hazel! I have a fair bit of patterned paper and this challenge will encourage me to use it - so thank you very much for the challenge, and the inspirations x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hazel! You crazy lady!!! Another challenge, lol!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  27. I need this challenge! I have enough to last for years - wonder what my kids will do with it al????

    ReplyDelete
  28. Good luck with the new challenge blog Hazel! Thanks for staring this challenge, i have lot's of patterned papers to use!
    Hugs, Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a fabulous idea for a new challenge blog Hazel! Good luck with the new blog.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Added another card, hope that's okay!
    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  31. Just found your new challenge. What a great concept. I hope to be back with an entry. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks so much for this new challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great Idea Hazel, I love the idea of using pattered papers for Sympathy cards, They look great, Love Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks for the challenge - I don't use PP very often, but now I know where to put my cards if I do! Have a great weekend, Hazel!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Hazel,
    Love to play along with this challenge, regards Ans

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin